6 Things That Make a Photo Beautiful
Have you ever wondered what makes a photo stand out and stir certain emotions in you when you look at it? Of course, photos of your family and places you love will naturally give you the warm and fuzzies or leave you in awe but there are also very specific elements in great photos that help bring them to life and make you take a second look.
- When a photograph has beautiful lighting it gives the image a certain mood and highlights the important aspects of a photo. Light is an incredible tool so using natural light from an open window or door or even a soft artificial light can make all the difference.
- While focusing on a specific person in a photo is how we naturally take photos, that person is only a part of the greater whole. Your background and any other objects in a photo all make up the structure and scene that draw you into that moment.
- A good quality photo will usually allow you to pick up on certain textures such as a pair of woolly socks or the texture in a heavy wooden door.
- Sometimes the most beautiful photos are taken from a different perspective such as getting down to a toddler’s level at a birthday party or taking a shot of a tall building by looking all the way up from a street corner.
- Play with colors when you take photos, match them up or emphasize specific colors to draw the eye to a certain detail in a picture.
- The moment. Capturing a moment that will never happen again makes for incredible photos.
Photography isn’t only for the professionals. Everyone has the ability to take a great photo by focusing on a few simple elements, getting creative and being ready to capture something beautiful or everywhere you go.
What you’re paying for when you hire a professional photographer.
When you start shopping around for a professional photographer the prices can sometimes seem quite daunting. What very few consumers realize though is that there is a lot more to photographing your event than just clicking a button at the right time.
So what are you paying for when hiring a professional photographer?
- Time is money. Just like any other professional, a photographer needs to put in the hours to get the job done. This includes the consultation, traveling to and from the location, shooting the photos, editing and processing the orders. You’d be surprised at how long it takes to get the end result that is finally delivered to you. Once they shoot the photos, it’s not as simple as downloading the images and delivering them to you. They have to process the files, convert it to the correct file type as well as make sizing and colour adjustments to make each image pop. If your photographer is also creating a book or album for you, they need to spend time designing it too.
- Equipment is expensive. Even though this is a very small part of why photographers charge the prices they do, it’s important to remember that quality equipment plays an important role in being able to produce the photos that they do. Professional equipment not only allows for the production of high quality images, it also gives photographers the ability to work in areas with less than favourable lighting conditions or at venues where using a flash is prohibited.
- They have spent years acquiring a very specific skill. Photography, like any other profession, requires experience and specific skills. From knowing what lighting and camera settings to use, to knowing how to pose people and help them feel comfortable in front of the camera. Great photographers don’t rush the editing process either, it takes time to produce the desired result and turn your photo into a work of art that you’ll proudly want to display in your home.
- It’s still a business. A professional photographer is still running a business, which means they will more than likely have overhead costs such as rental fees for their studio and the upkeep of equipment. Photographers also need to budget for professional association fees, equipment and liability insurance and fees for courses that will allow them to stay ahead by continuously honing their craft.
A professional photographer who is dedicated to their art and willing to go the extra mile for their clients is always well worth the price.
Photoshoots with your Pets
For many people, pets are furry members of the family. It comes as no surprise that they want to include their pets in their photos. Including your pets in your photo session does require a little extra preparation but it is certainly doable.
Below are a few tips to prepare you for your photo session with your pet.
To make this work, you will need to get your pet to sit still and behave. Pets can get very excited when new people are around so let your pet become acquainted with your photographer beforehand. Bring treats and toys that your pet enjoys so that you have something to use to grab their attention if necessary.
Keep a leash or harness ready, just in case. Even though your pet might be well trained, it never hurts to be prepared. You may also want to arrange your poses so you can hold onto your pet securely without it looking like you are hanging on for dear life. Your photographer will help you with this.
If you know that your photo session is going to take some time, give your pets the chance to take breaks, walk around and drink water. You won’t be able to force a pet to sit still if they are thirsty or agitated.
As a pet owner you probably know how perceptive your animals are to energy and emotions, so it’s important that you are relaxed when you get to your pet photo session. If you really want to keep your pets relaxed too, try and arrange your photo session in a place where your pet will feel most comfortable such as your garden or a park.
I have previously worked with animals and have had animals in my life from an early age. This will help make the process of photographing your pets even more enjoyable.
To book you photoshoot please send me a message:
Newcastle wedding photography
What to expect ?
Your Wedding is the most emotional and exciting day of your life and naturally you want to capture every moment of it. By now the Church and venue are booked, you have been reading all the wedding blogs online and have a stack of bridal magazines by your bed. You have been trying on dresses and may even have bought the dress of your dreams! So what is next? you need find the perfect photographer for your day. Here’s what you can expect from me!
“Am I right for you?”
My style is classic and contemporary, natural and relaxed.
“Is your date available?”
If you like my photographic style please don’t hesitate to contact me by calling or emailing me to confirm your date is available. Likewise, if you have a few questions I’m always here to help.
“Arrange a meeting”
We will appoint a date to meet up and discuss everything YOU WANT for your photography. This is the ideal chance for you to tell me YOUR plans and ideas. This is also a perfect time for you to view more of my work and see my style of photography first hand. No hard sell and no obligations, just a friendly chat that will hopefully help you determine that I am indeed right for you.
“Great. You want to book”
Simply call or send me an email to confirm you would like me as your photographer, and I will send out my pack of information which includes booking forms for you to complete and return along with a £150 deposit to secure your date. Your date may well be several months, a year away or even longer so please do feel free to friend me on Facebook, it’s a great way to keep up to date with my recent work and we can always chat there if you feel you need to any time!
“The Big Day”
I will truly capture the essence of your day, starting from the bridal preparations – capturing the excitement of the bridal party and emotions of the proud parents and family – along to the individual details of what makes your wedding unique. Groom preparations are also available on request.
The high point of the day! Nerves and anticipation of the groom and the arrival of the bridal party are captured along with candid journalistic style shots of your guests. Your full ceremony will be covered, although this is subject to permission from the registrar or church, please ensure you discuss with your chosen ceremony venue what photography they allow during the service. After the ceremony comes the time when we capture the well wishes from your guests as they congratulate you, resulting in beautiful and natural style photographs. As your guests then relax and enjoy your day, we will have an opportunity to wander around the grounds and capture your wedding portraiture, it is also a time when you can have a few moments to yourselves. I capture a mixture of romantic, fun and intimate shots for you both to treasure for years to come, these are your first pictures as husband and wife. I stay throughout your day to record the cutting of the cake, the speeches up until just after your first dance and a little bit of party time this ensures you can look back and see all the emotions and splendors of your day.
Each and every one of your images are individually edited and enhanced to look their very best. A selection will be available online 48 hours after the wedding day as i know you will want to see a snapshot of the most important day of your lives so far. When your wedding images are ready i will publish them on an secure online gallery so that you can share them with family and friends. Your finished images will be presented to you in a USB folio at a high resolution for you to print yourself, along with full print rights and proof of permission to show any print labs or shops. The digital images will be ready within approximately 6 to 8 weeks after your wedding, although we always aim to give you them earlier if at all possible.
Once your images have been enhanced and edited, they will be uploaded onto your own personal secure pass-worded gallery, available for you and all of your friends to view,this is an opportunity for you to choose your favourite images for inclusion in your album. This is when we create your album, your first family hierloom. Once completed, I will send you an electronic version of your album as a PDF file for you to view and approve.
Every wedding is unique and my aim is to capture the true essence of it. I simply offer contemporary and stylish wedding photography with love!